RUNNING ON A TREADMILL: 6 GOOD REASONS TO GET STARTED
- This easy-to-use piece of equipment can be very helpful as an addition to or replacement for your outdoor sessions. There is always a good reason to run, even if the running is a bit different!
- A treadmill helps you to reproduce a movement that is similar to running, as well as giving you a similar cardiovascular workout.
- The console lets you track lots of different internal and external parameters: heart rate, calories, speed, time, distance, etc.
- Training on a treadmill will help you to maintain a steady pace and get a good aerobic workout.
- Lots of treadmills offer a variety of training programmes. Simply do as it suggests in order to achieve your running objectives.
- Running on a treadmill avoids the inconveniences of running outdoors: bad weather, darkness, traffic, lack of safety, etc.
- And unlike tarmac, the impact on a running deck is quite gentle. It provides cushioning that protects your joints.