How to get strong abs fast
Many are ready and willing to do anything for rock-hard abs, including set after set of ab exercises thinking that it's the only way to get a washboard stomach. But they're wrong - getting visible ab muscles mostly depends on the following:
WORK ON YOUR POSTURE
For a slim and trim figure, it's important to work your abs and lower back in a balanced way. Just like when doing general strength training, you should:
• vary your exercises (equipment, variations etc.),
• allow yourself enough recovery time,
• change up your workout (stationary, circuit training etc.),
• increase the level of difficulty, ie either your workout time or equipment,
To ward off back troubles (lower back pain, herniated discs, etc.), your core should be strong and balanced. You need to have equal strength at the front (abs) and sides (obliques) and be stronger in your lower back (lumbar, spinal erectors).
MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
If you want to be able to see your abs, they'll obviously need to be strong and have a certain mass. But that's not enough - you also have to lower your body fat to have a flat stomach (less than 10% body fat for men and 16% for women).
To do this, remember two things:
• eat a balanced diet all the time (healthy eating habits)
• do cardio on a regular basis (at least twice a week). There's nothing better than an exercise bike or treadmill to keep fit, improve your cardiovascular and respiratory health, and blast calories!