The rowing machine is an effective strengthening machine that works on a large number of muscles. It is the perfect activity for strength training or burning calories.
Why should I workout with the rowing machine?
A rowing machine workout, is a complete strengthening session. It causes just as much energy to be expended as running or cycling.
For a rowing machine workout to be effective, you must choose the machine that suits you:
- Check its weight: it must be greater than your weight so that the rowing machine does not wear out prematurely
- The seat should not rub or make noise on the rail
- The movements of the monorail should be smooth.
Why not try the Domyos RTC 690 home rowing machine? A machine suited for daily use!
What are the benefits of training with a rowing machine?
A rowing machine workout works on many different muscles in a very large amplitude of movements. Combined with some cardio sessions, the rowing machine allows you to reach a good physical condition by:
- Working on endurance
- Strengthening muscles
- Promoting flexibility and agility
What kind of workout?
The rowing machine is a cardio training machine that should account for:
- Pace (strokes per minute)
- Intensity (heart rate)
- Work volume (workout time, series)
- Load (the heavier it is, the slower the pace will be)
You can begin with an aerobic session: 18 strokes per min, at 75% of your maximum heart rate, 3x5 minutes for a 30 min session.
Then do a high aerobic session: 24 strokes per min, at 85% of your maximum heart rate, 2x4 min for a 10 min session.